All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Signs, Signs #20


I lost all my Wednesday and Thursday posts last week, and their comments, and of course among them was the Signs post. Blogger never retrieved any of them for me :-(

I will repost last week's sign later, but this week I decided is the perfect time to post my little collection of Australian animal road signs.

And why is it perfect?

Because on July 11th. Sigve and I will have been married for 30 years, and this weekend he revealed to me what my 30th anniversary present is going to be: 

a trip to Australia, to visit dear friends,
for nearly 4 weeks, leaving on June 26th! 

Unfortunately Sigve cannot travel yet, as his immune system is still not strong enough after his stem cell transplant last August, but he knows how much I love to travel, and he knows how exhausted I am feeling these days, so he's giving me this break on my own. Isn't he just a dear?

(If you like, you can read all about our journey through his leukemia on my other blog, Journey to life.)

We both visited Australia in March 2008, and that's when I collected these signs. They are very exotic to us northerners :-)


















Visit Lesley for more signs.






19 comments:

Vilt og vakkert said...

Heisann!

Artige skilt. Det rare er at jeg kan ikke huske å ha sett dem. Vi var i Victoria, Great ocean road, Melbourne mm i 2004.
Ha fortsatt fine dager med å glede deg over den flotte gava ;:OD)

TexWisGirl said...

those signs are great!

what a sweet and wonderful husband you have!!! what a trip!

RedPat said...

They certainly are unusual for a northener! What a sweet man you have there - such a thoughtful gift!

Postcardy said...

Hope you have a fun trip and bring back more signs.

EG CameraGirl said...

Ohm Inge! Your husband is very, very sweet to send you to Australia! I can just imagine how excited you must be!

Clytie said...

They are wonderfully exotic to me - what a sweet hubby you have to give you this special trip. I bet you can hardly wait!!!

Andy said...

The most common animal road sign in my area is the deer. Thanks for the insight to another countries signs.

genie said...

YOur husband has to be one of the sweetest fellows in the world. What a wonderful present. Your animal signs are just the best. I cannot wait to share them with my husband.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 30 years! Those signs are pretty exotic to me as well (I'm not quite sure what some of them are!)

Kim, USA said...

Hahaha I love that sign. ^_^

Signs

Anonymous said...

30 glorious years, congratulations. and have a lovely trip.

Sreisaat said...

Fantastic signs - they are exotic to me, too!
Congratulations on your 30th anniversary. Here's wishing you a wonderful holiday and sending some thoughts and prayers for your loving husband's speedy recovery.

Inside Cambodia

MarieElizabeth said...

Wow! What a spectacular gift, such a wonderful man for coming up with it. I can't wait to hear about that adventure too! Hope he is still on the mend so he can travel on the next trip.

Martha Z said...

Unique signs for a unique land. What a wonderful man you have to understand you need to travel even when he can't.

Lesley said...

What a sweet man, indeed.
I will bookmark your other posts to read yup on your journey (now that I know the outcome, I can read it backwards!)
Congratulations on 30 years together!

Inge said...

Det er en fantastisk flot gave du har fået af din dejlige mand
Skønne skilte du viser her :-)

Jim said...

Wonderful Aussie collection.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wonderful Inger. You have a lovely lovely husband there. (As my mother-in-law used to say 'he's a keeper'),

You do need the trip and the rest; do take along your camera (I'm sure you will). (I just looked back to see when you're actually going and I see it's not for over a month-- so I'm sure I'll "visit" in the meantime.

Lynette Killam said...

Wonderful signs indeed...Australia is definitely on my bucket list of places to see! And congratulations on your anniversary...wishing you many, many more...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...