All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

August Break 2015. Day 27: Favorite Recipe

I don't have a favorite recipe, but I have lots of new recipe books. 7 years ago I went low carb/high fat, originally to lose weight. And I lost 18 kilos in 3 months, without ever going hungry. For a few years I was on and off, and gained 3-4 kilos. I have tried out different variations, and have seen that I'm sensitive to carbs, so now I practice strict LCHF. That means that I don't eat potatoes, rice, pasta, grains or sugar. I eat all kinds of pure meat and fish, unprocessed, and lots of veggies, with reduced amounts of root vegetables. I had to learn how to cook all over, and make everything I eat from scratch. Once you get into it, it takes no more time than traditional cooking. For sweetener I use erythritol, which is plant based, and does not affect the blood sugar. I like the kind that is mixed with stevia. I don't consider myself being on a diet, for me it's a lifestyle :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...