All pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Ruby Tuesday


I'm posting a quite serious, but optimistic, post for Ruby Tuesday this week. 

My husband Sigve was diagnosed with leukemia earlier this year, and his only hope of survival was to receive a stem cell transplant. One of his sisters, Gerd, was a  tissue match, and she went through an uncomfortable course of hormone shots to produce extra stem cells to donate to him. 

Two months ago, on August 11th the transplant took place, 
and I am celebrating the fact that everything has gone so well, 
and my husband is well on his way to recovery :-)

The red liquid in this bag contains the precious stem cells that were harvested 
from Gerd, and given to my husband in a transfusion process. 




Prior to the transplant he was given chemo treatment. For a while his immune system was so low that he had to spend some time in protective isolation while waiting for the new stem cells to settle, and start producing the white blood cells that run the immune system. 

So behind this red door is the room where he spent a lot of time. 


Now Sigve is home, and working on the recovery process. 
It's a long and slow one, BUT HE WILL GET THERE! 

For more Ruby shots, click HERE.


6 comments:

Peg said...

Two beautiful photographs.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Get well soon!

My Ruby Tuesday Link, hope you can visit, thank you!

Fashion Momma said...

Glad to hear he's now recovering. Get well soon!

I played too. Mine are here and here.

fredamans said...

My God,
Sorry about your husband. So happy he is on the road to recovery. I pray God keeps him safe and healthy now and for the future.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Hope your husband is betterx love the imagesxxhappy ruby tuesdayxx lynda

Inger-M said...

Thank you for your support and kind words! Yes my husband is improving more and more every day. Hugs back to all of you! xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...